Finding your way: 3 running routes surrounding SEU

Sometimes the hardest part of a workout is getting out the door. Factoring in classes and extracurriculars can make the idea of getting back up on your feet to go for a run seemingly impossible. So let’s make it simple. Here’s a couple of runs you can hit without the hassle – just straight from St. Edward’s.

Run 1: SoCo Straight Shot

From campus, head straight to South Congress. Take a right and follow your feet all the way to the water, if you wish. If you’re feeling good, go ahead and cruise on over to the Capitol. Once you’ve had your fun, turn it around and retrace your steps back to campus. It’s a nice downhill cruise on the way out and a fun– but challenging– uphill to cap off a good run. Plus, you’ll get all the good views of South Austin along the way.

Run 2: Little Stacy Loop

Take University Drive out of campus past the baseball fields and run down East Side Drive. It’ll take you all the way to Little Stacy Park, a one-mile trail that’ll shoot you all the way down to Lady Bird Lake. Zig-zag through the neighborhood blocks, get lost in the side streets and you’ll be forgetting about all those stresses you have two miles back. Little Stacy also has a public pool, so don’t be afraid to take a splash to cool down.

Pro Tip: Taco Con Madre can turn a good run into a great run. Grab a taco and crush that last uphill with a full belly.

Run 3: Blunn Creek

I like to think of this as the hidden gem right next to St. Eds. Head out of campus and run up St. Edwards drive, then duck into one of the trailheads. What you’ll find is two miles of perfectly primitive trails maintained by the Austin Parks Foundation. Plus, the trails offer what busy college days can’t – solitude. So, soak up the sun, the birds and the sound of your feet before you head back out and charge your way up the hilltop. Stop, take a breath and enjoy the view.